Tuesday, January 20, 2015

CONFESSIONS OF A BRIDE TO BE....

The Great Indian Wedding Season has dawned upon us yet again.Wherever you see, you will find would be bride and grooms making big holes in their parent's pockets, partying, booking the best of everything and beaming wit excitement.

On the basis of my knowledge on the subject,  you might be wondering that either i have great observational skills, or just way too much time to spy on what complete strangers are doing... he he...but the fact is that i belong the above mentioned category!!! YES i am a bride to be , and i am all over the place right now. Be it parlour trips, shopping my ass off to burning a bog whole in my dad's pocket, i am doing it all!!!!

But as my D DAY came closer, i started feeling many things....emotions which were there all through my life but had become suppressed due to daily life pressures and deadlines to meet. it felt weird because anywhere i looked, i observed certain things , which inadvertently  took me down the memory lane and brought a tsunami of emotions...

The shopping trips with my sister, her picking out stuff for me and throwing it inside the trial room, so that we dont have to wait for our turn.. ha ha ha...taking a quick bite and running back to the malls, .....i could not remember the last time we had done this...and could not imagine whether we shall do this thing later again n life...

The early morning "healthy breakfasts" with my dear brother, his advises on how to lose weight and most important, how to make sure to get up early first to be able to do all that... !!!!!!


I am so emotionally high right now, that even today in market, when i saw a small girl pestering her mother to buy a particular type of toy, i remembered how i used to eat my mother's brain for just one chewing gum untill & unless she would buy it.

And in the evening while enjoying a hot cup of tea in my balcony, i saw a girl falling off a swing and her father came running to her, hugging and kissing her and trying to divert her mind from the pain. I could immediately recall, how bad my father felt whenever i got hurt and how he always came running when i was in trouble.

Even while flying to Delhi, when i refused to take the meal being offered by saying "i will have home cooked food tonight", my thoughts wandered towards the fact that from now on...whenever i say "i am going to my home", it will be my new home...the home of my husband..i blushed for a few seconds and then felt sad....as it was difficult for me to come to terms with that

There is a saying in our indian culture "ladki paraya dhan hoti hai...amaanat hoti hai...and her true home is her husband's home. But no matter how loving and caring your new family is (blessed to have one), is it possible for any girl to not remain attached to almost 3 decades of pampering and  nurturing??? 

My father used to often comment, "wait till u have children, then you will understand what being a parent is". Today i understand what parents are...today i know how important your brother and sisters are no matter how much "pain in the ass" they have been in the childhood days. It is indeed true that when you have easy access to anything you take it for granted. It is only when it is not there with you anymore, you understand its value. Today, when i am on the verge of leaving the comforts of being a pampered brat of my family, i understand how much comfortable my life was in the last 26 years

I may not say it out-loud, and may not be able to express it in actions, but the love and concern i carry for my family, shall always remain. i cant repay them for what all they have done for me....not even in eternity.....but i do hope that i live upto the expectations of my soon-to-be "new family"so that my soon to be "old family" always feels proud of me!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment